Why buy granola when you can easily make your own at home?! We like to enjoy this granola for breakfast on top of yoghurt with fresh berries and a generous drizzle of peanut butter.
- 3 heaped tbsp nut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4–5 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g rolled oats
- 200g mixed nuts, roughly chopped (try a blend of almonds, pistachios, pecans)
- 50g pumpkin seeds and/or sunflower seeds
- 50g coconut shavings
- 80–100g cup raisins
- chopped dried apricots, dates or cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C and line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Over a low heat, add the nut butter, coconut oil, honey/ maple syrup and cinnamon to a small saucepan and melt together.
3. Mix the remaining dry ingredients, excluding any dried fruit, together in a large bowl.
4. Stir in the melted nut butter mixture to coat the dry ingredients.
5. Evenly spread the mixture across the two trays in a single layer and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until nicely toasted and golden. Make sure to keep an eye to ensure the granola doesn't catch or over-bake. If you don't want clumps give the trays an occassional shake and stir.
6. Remove from the oven and cool, add your chopped fruit if using, then store in an airtight jar/ container.