This almond butter tofu stir fry is the perfect plant based dinner - packed full of flavour with a hint of spice. It's a great opportunity to use your almond butter in a savoury recipe.
- 340g extra firm tofu
- 15ml sesame oil + 1 tbsp for cooking
- 4 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Pip & Nut Smooth Almond Butter add to basket
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chilli garlic sauce
- 200g green beans
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 small onion
1. Preheat oven to 200 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap tofu in clean, absorbent towel and set something heavy on top to press out excess moisture.
2. Once oven is preheated, unwrap tofu and cut into small cubes. Arrange on the lined baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffy, dried out, and slightly crispy on the edges.
3. In the meantime, to a small mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp sesame oil, tamari, maple syrup, almond butter, lime juice, ginger and chilli garlic sauce. Whisk to combine. Then taste and adjust flavour as needed.
4. Prepare the rice.
5. Add baked tofu to the mixture and let marinate for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the tofu, leaving most of the marinade behind.
7. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides and slightly caramelised. Remove from pan and set aside.
8. To the pan, add remaining sesame oil, green beans, peppers, broccoli, onion, carrot and the rest of the marinade. Cover to steam for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid, increase heart to medium high, and add tofu. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Serve over rice.