This is a brilliant grain-free granola recipe. Perfect for a quick morning or simply to snack on at your desk. Serve with almond milk, on top of pancakes, or with vegan or dairy yoghurt. Whatever takes your fancy. This granola will keep up to 3 weeks in an airtight container (if you can keep it around that long!).
Makes 700g. Takes 30 mins.
- 200g roughly chopped almonds
- 100g of pecans
- 50g of dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of flaky salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 150ml of maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 180°C
In a large mixing bowl add the almonds, pecans, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, salt, and cinnamon.
In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, smooth almond butter, vanilla and maple syrup.
Pour the wet mixture over the granola and toss well. Spread the mixture across 1 large lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and give it a good toss and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
Let it cool completely on the baking tray. Then break it all up and store in an airtight jar or container.
Pip’s Top Tip: Remember to give your nut butter a good stir before using it, as the oils can naturally separate. This is because there is no palm oil in any of our nut butters, which is often added to stop this natural separation.