Recipe from Big Zuu's Big Eats, full of delicious home cooking with West African and Middle Eastern vibes.
They say the eyes eat before the belly so this colourful salad makes sure you are ready. Good vibes, healthy life, it doesn’t get better than this for your insides.
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce, finely sliced
- 1 courgette, shaved
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- handful of coriander leaves
- handful of mint leaves
- 50g peanuts
For the satay dressing:
- 75g smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
Divide all the vegetables between serving bowls, top with the coriander and mint leaves and sprinkle with the peanuts.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together with 75ml water, adding more water if necessary to get a creamy thick dressing.
Dress the salad and serve. Add poached chicken, prawns or tofu if you need a protein hit.