This simple peanut butter noodle recipe makes the perfect lunch or dinner. Add some extra protein to this recipe by topping with teriyaki marinaded salmon, chicken or tofu. We like to prep this at the start of the week and keep it in the fridge as a noodle salad for lunch, for a warming stir-fry style dinner mix all the ingredients together in a pan over a medium heat until warmed through.
for the noodles
225g buckwheat soba noodles
150g frozen edamame beans
2 tbsp peanuts
3 spring onions
1 red chilli, finely chopped
3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
3 tbsp sesame seeds
1 lime, cut into wedges
for the dressing
2cm of fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tbsp Peanut Butter of choice
1. Combine all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, mix until combined. Set aside
2. Cook the noodles for 5-8 minutes in salted boiling water, stirring occassionally. In a separate pan at the same time, cook the edamame beans for 4-5 minutes in a pan of boiling water.
3. Drain both the noodles and edamame and rinse with cold water. Place the noodles to dry on a clean tea towel.
4. In a dry pan roast the peanuts until golden. Remove from the heat and roughly chop.
5. Peel the carrots and slice into fine matchstick shapes.
6. In a large mixing bowl combine the noodles, vegetables, chilli and chopped herbs and toss in the dressing.
7. Serve the noodles sprinkled with the chopped peanuts, sesame seeds and a lime wedge.