If you love our limited edition collab with allplants, and are inspired to make your own ‘PB + J Oat Pot’, look no further. Here’s a recipe to bring some PB + J power to your breakfast. Pro Tip: try different Pip & Nut butters as a topping and finish with a Chocolate Nut Butter Cup for extra deliciousness.
Ingredients for 1 portion:
40ml milk, of your choice
Pinch of salt
½ tablespoon maple syrup, optional
50g frozen berries
½ tablespoon maple syrup
15g fresh berries, halved
1 tbsp Pip & Nut’s Smooth Peanut Butter or any other nut butters of your choosing!
2 bananas, sliced
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Combine the oats, milk and water in a small saucepan and bring to simmer over a medium heat. Continue to gently simmer the oats for 10-12 minutes, or until thick and creamy (follow steps 3 + 4 while you wait).
- Stir in the salt and maple syrup (if using).
- While the oats cook, prepare the toppings. Combine the frozen berries, maple syrup and 40ml of water in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Simmer the berry-syrup mixture for around 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a sauce-like consistency forms.
- Squeeze in lemon juice to taste (and add extra maple syrup if needed).
- Add your cooked oats to a bowl then top with the stewed berries, fresh berries, banana slices, chia seeds and a tablespoon (or more) of peanut butter.
Not feeling up to making your own, but still want the benefits of a tasty PB + J Oat bowl? Add a ‘PB + J Oat Pot’ in your next allplants box here. Secret squirrel bonus: you can also use code ' PBJ20 ', before 31st March, for a tasty 20% off your first allplants order.