Now this is a weekend breakfast if ever we saw one. Brioche French toast stuffed with peanut butter and jam. YES PLEASE.
This recipe is so simple but it feels like a proper treat. Of course you can choose your favourite nut butter or jam and add your own twist. This is one to test on yourself now and then impress your friends with once lockdown is over.
Ingredients (serves one or two, depending on how hungry you are):
- A few slices of a brioche loaf
- One egg (or vegan alternative)
- 80ml milk of your choice
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- Peanut butter (we used The Ultimate Deep Roast Smooth, but any would be delicious)
- Raspberry or strawberry jam
- Vanilla extract
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Freeze dried raspberries (optional)
- Butter or vegan alternative (for frying)
- Cut your brioche loaf into really thick slices and cut out a little pocket in the centre. Fill the pocket with a generous amount of jam and peanut butter.
- Add the egg, milk, vanilla extract & brown sugar together in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Dip the slices of the brioche loaf in the egg mixture and add to a frying pan that contains some melted butter. Cook for around 3 minutes on each side until nice and golden brown.
- Assemble your brioche French toast and top with the some icing sugar and freeze dried raspberries. An extra drizzle of peanut butter wouldn't go amiss either.
This recipe was created by @dishesbydaisy