In 2019, we became a certified B Corp with an Impact Score of 81.2, and are so proud to announce that we have grown this by almost 20% to 97.1.
For those of you who are new to the world of B Corps, to become certified companies must undergo the thorough 'B Impact Assessment', in which they are measured and scored across five key areas of impact: community, customers, environment, governance and workers. A minimum score of 80 points is needed for certification, a number deemed to show the company meets the necessary high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. To put this in perspective, the average company scores around 50 points. Once certified, B Corps are commited to recertifying, as we have now done, every three years. This growth of nearly 20% is testament to the hard work of our squirrels at every level of Pip & Nut.
Later this month we'll be releasing our 2022 Impact Report, which will go into detail about what we are doing to ensure we maintain the highest standards of performance, accountability, and transparency throughout our business, as well as setting out our future commitments. Until then here's a sneak peek into some of the new things we have done to continue our positive impact as a business:
- We moved to a more energy efficient eco-Nest
- We introduced a company wide EMI options scheme
- We moved to a pension provider that offers a sustainable investment option
- We've been monitoring our carbon footprint and have set clear reduction targets
- We've introduced life assurance, critical cover and dental cover, on top of existing healthcare benefits
- We have third party quality certifications for all factories with regular audits
- We've added sustainability KPIs to our business performance metrics shared with the Board
- We've introduced a supplier code of conduct
We hope to continue making you feel proud to be a part of the Pip & Nut journey and look forward to sharing more behind the scenes of how #WeGoBeyond this #BCorpMonth.