Baked Honey Cinnamon Cashew Festive Cheesecake (g’on, it’s a cracker!)
Mince pies, Christmas pudding and Yule log are all very well.. but for those of you that really just can’t bare to tear yourselves away from nut butters needn’t fret as we’ve got the perfect recipe for you! Prepare yourselves for the deliciousness (though we say so ourselves) that is our baked honey, cinnamon cashew nut cheesecake!
And believe it or not, it’s really rather simple to make..
To make this cracker of a cheesecake you will need:
For the base:
300g Digestive biscuits
100g Melted butter
Pinch of salt
For the filling:
500g Cream cheese
50g Golden caster sugar
1 tbsp. Cornflour
3 Free range eggs
200g Greek yoghurt
75g Runny honey
100g of Pip & Nut Honey Cinnamon Cashew butter
200g Sultanas (soaked in boiling water and drained)
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
Serves: 12 hungry squirrels
1) Preheat the oven to 160C
2) In a bowl or blender, finely crush the digestives and mix together with the melted better and pinch of salt. Transfer this mixture in to a 30cm round spring form cake tin and pack down evenly over the base. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or so to set.
3) In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, cornflour and vanilla seeds. Add the eggs and yoghurt and then incorporate the cashew nut butter, honey and drained sultanas.
4) Pour the mixture into the cake tin and spread evenly.
5) Wrap the tin with foil and then place in the middle of a large roasting try. Pour hot water around the tin until it reaches half way up the sides of the cake tin, and then place in the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
6) Chill the cheesecake in the fridge before serving.