This decadent, Chocolate, Almond and Sea Salt Crêpe Cake is a total treat. Making a perfect pancake day desert. We like to serve them with our Limited Edition Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almond Butter for the ultimate indulgent breakfast.
70g oat flour or (oats blended until they resemble flour)
20g cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200ml chocolate milk or mix of chocolate milk, normal milk and water
THE ALMOND CREAM
300g almond yoghurt
2 tbsp syrup
Optional: almond extract
2 Dark chocolate and almond butter cups
1 tbsp Cornish sea salt and chocolate almond butter
6 tbsp plain almond yogurt
Splash of oat/ almond/ any plant based milk
Almond butter cups
1. Add all the crêpe ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Heat a bit of butter on a frying pan, over a medium heat, then reduce to medium-low once heated.
3. Add 2 tbsp crêpe batter at a time - spread it out with a spoon, or a spatula, until about 15cm in diameter.
4. Allow to cook through - you will know it has cooked through when it has lost its shine, and the top appears bubbly.
5. Carefully ease it off the pan and flip. Cook for another 30 seconds.
6. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Setting the pancakes aside once they’re cooked.
7. Mix the almond yogurt with the syrup and adjust to taste.
8. To a plate, add a pancake, followed by 1 tbsp of the almond yogurt mix, and repeat with the rest of the pancakes but leaving the final pancake on top ‘bare’.
9. Trim the edges with a serrated knife to remove any edges.
10. For the ganache, melt the chocolate and almond butter cups in a small bowl, then stir through the chocolate and sea salt almond butter.
11. Add the yogurt, and mix well, add splashes of plant milk until it has a drizzly consistency.
12. Pour the ganache over the stack of crêpes, smoothing it over and letting it drip down the sides - make sure all the sides are covered.
13. Transfer the crepe cake to a separate plate and allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 mins, or overnight.
14. Top with more almond butter cups, sea salt and chocolate spread, and serve with yogurt.