Beetroot Burst Pancakes
Jumping on the beetroot bandwagon with these savoury pancakes! Cook up something new with this natural burst of colour. These beetrooty, almond butter pancakes are packed with goodness and add a different twist to the classic pancake stack you normally see.
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs beaten
200ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
Handful of fresh thyme, stalks removed
Good pinch of salt and pepper
Sunflower oil for frying
1 tsp Smooth Almond Butter
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1. Place beetroot and milk into blender and blitz until smooth
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl,then season with salt and pepper. Make a well in the middle, pour in the eggs with a splash of the beetrooty milk and beat without getting too much flour in, then, using a balloon whisk or wooden spoon, start to draw the flour into the eggs and milk. Beat the mix until smooth, then stir in the rest of the beetrooty milk until you have a smooth batter.
3. Mix in the thyme and season with salt
4. Lightly grease a non-stick frying pan with oil and warm over moderate heat. Add a tablespoon of the mix and cook for 2 mins or until you see bubbles on the surface and it’s golden underneath. Flip over and continue to fry for another minute. Do this in batches of 3 or 4, greasing the pan in between, then remove from pan and cool.
5. Mix in all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle on top. Add extra toppings if you fancy – we like feta and mint.